Tag Archives: on

San Diego Comic Con 2014 (SDCC) Exclusives Now On Our Blog!

Hi:

Just wanted to let you know we have posted the San Diego Comic Con 2014 exclusives to our blog. The image below shows you where you can find them.

Happy Hunting!

SDCC 2014 Exclusives

‘Ghostbusters 3’: Dan Aykroyd Spills Details on Plot

‘Ghostbusters 3’: Dan Aykroyd Spills Details on Plot

          “We will be doing the movie and hopefully with” Bill Murray, the actor says.

 Source: The Hollywood Reporter

It looks like the Ghostbusters will be back in action.

After months of speculation, Dan Aykroyd, one of the original stars, hinted Thursday on The Dennis Miller Show that the film could start shooting in the spring.

He added that Bill Murray has not yet committed to the project, but he and the creatives behind the film are hoping Murray signs on to reprise his role from the first two films.

“Yes, we will be doing the movie and hopefully with Mr. Murray,” he said, as reported by ComingSoon.net. “That is our hope. We have an excellent script.”

In March, Ivan Reitman expressed that same sentiment to The Hollywood Reporter, saying: “There’s a very good script that the other cast members have read and liked. We’re just waiting for Bill Murray to read it.”

But on Thursday, Aykroyd argued that the movie could go forward without Murray should he decide not to return.

“What we have to remember is that Ghostbusters is bigger than any one component, although Billy was absolutely the lead and contributive to it in a massive way, as was the director and Harold [Ramis], myself and Sigourney [Weaver],” he said. “The concept is much larger than any individual role and the promise of Ghostbusters 3 is that we get to hand the equipment and the franchise down to new blood.”

The story line, according to Aykroyd, will center around the original Ghostbusters’ inability to effectively bust ghosts anymore, so they set out to find new recruits.

“My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can’t drive the Cadillac,” he says, “He’s got a bad knee and can’t carry the packs. … Egon [Ramis’ character] is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that’s the promise. We’re gonna hand it to a new generation.”

It’s unclear whether the fourth Ghostbuster, Ernie Hudson, would be part of the cast. In April, the actor said he had not been approached by anyone in the project.

“I haven’t seen anybody with any money, but I hear it’s happening, and I’ve been reading all the press stuff, and the fans have been telling me that it’s on,” he told TMZ.

Meanwhile, Aykroyd did say Thursday that there has been no casting decisions made, but one of his recommendations would be Criminal Minds actor Matthew Gray Gubler.

“There’s going to be a casting,” he added.”:We’re going to see everyone that wants to do it. We’re going to need … three guys and a young woman.”

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords returns to Washington for the first time Monday to vote on the debt deal

Gabby is an inspiration for all of us Arizonans.

Star Wars Celebration VI Sets Its Sights On Orlando – Tickets Now On Sale!

STAR WARS CELEBRATION VI SETS
ITS SIGHTS ON ORLANDO, AUGUST 23 – 26, 2012

TICKETS ON SALE NOW – BUY TODAY!

After the impressive (most impressive) success of last year’s Empire-themed Star Wars Celebration V, we are thrilled to announce that the biggest party this side of the galaxy, Star WarsCelebration VI, is setting down August 23 – 26, 2012 back at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida!

With official Celebration host hotels starting as low as just $65 per night, it’s never been more affordable for fans to vacation in Orlando on any budget. Orlando is a destination for fans and families from around the world, with highlights including the all-new Star Tours: The Adventures Continue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Traveling to Celebration VI will provide the perfect opportunity to experience the all-new Star Tours adventures with Star Wars fans from around the  world!

TICKETS

Tickets to Star Wars
Celebration VI are available now
!
Be among the first to grab your ticket and guarantee your spot at this not-to-be-missed Star Wars event! All-new memories begin with a ticket to the convention, and it’s not too soon to start planning your trip today! Don’t miss out on all of the exclusive merchandise, interviews with cast and crew – and MORE!  BUY TICKETS.

HOTELS*

SAVE when you reserve your hotel room through www.starwarscelebration.com.
Our official travel desk will land you great rates at a number of host hotels in the Orlando area starting at just $65/night. And booking through the official site will also grant you access to ride the Celebration VI Shuttle bus back and forth to the convention center! Don’t wait, reserve your room(s) today!

*Note: the ONLY official Celebration VI travel partner is powered by onPeak. Don’t be fooled! Book your travel today by visiting www.starwarscelebration.com and receive our “Best Rate Guarantee.” We cannot honor room
rates reserved through other travel groups.

BIGGER, BETTER…AND ALL ABOUT YOU

Like the Empire’s second Death Star, Celebration VI is shaping up to be even BIGGER than all previous
iterations – and also like the second Death Star, it’s all still under construction. That means that we’re still planning the programming, the panels, guests, special events and activities, and we want to hear from YOU to help make this the best Celebration yet! What do YOU want to see?

Be sure to follow us on  Facebook and Twitter to let us know what you think.

Celebrations are for YOU, the fans, whether you saw Star Wars when it first premiered or you’re just now exploring that galaxy far, far away for the very first time. So send us a tweet or write on our wall. We’ve got more than a year until Celebration VI, and we’re going to build it together! When completed, this ultimate Celebration will spell certain fun for Star Wars fans across the galaxy.

We thank you for all your support and passion. It’s the fans who have sustained the Saga for all these years, and – come August 2012 – we’re excited to welcome you back to our galaxy. 

May the Force be with you!

Copyright © 2011 Lucasfilm Ltd. ® ™ where indicated. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.

A November Entry on our Toy Anxiety Sideshow Forum

To visit our Sideshow Forum, go to www.toyanxiety.com and select Our Sideshow Forum on the right side of the page.

George Lucas bans David Prowse, actor who portrayed Darth Vader on screen, from all Star Wars events

By Nick Klopsis
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 10:28 AM

The force is not with David Prowse.

The actor – known among Star Wars fans as the man who portrayed Darth Vader in the original trilogy – has been banned from attending official fan conventions and cast reunions after reportedly “annoying” director George Lucas.

While James Earl Jones is credited with supplying the Sith Lord’s baritone voice, Prowse was the man behind the mask in the first three Star Wars movies.

According to his website, Prowse has been banned from “Lucas Film associated events,” and that “After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have ‘burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself’ – no other reason given.”

The ban appears to be the latest blow in a long-running feud between Lucas and Prowse. Prowse had been promised to be both seen and heard at the end of the trilogy when Vader’s mask is removed, The Sun reports. However, Lucas used a different actor instead, upsetting Prowse.

In addition, the 75-year-old Prowse claims Lucas accused him of leaking Vader’s death before the release of “Return of the Jedi.” He also claims he did not receive his fair share of the box office revenue for the final film.

“Dave never received much money for his role and was always shoved to the side,” a friend told The Sun. “He believes he’s been an embarrassment or annoying to Lucas.

“But he lives for conventions. So to strip this from him, too, is heartbreaking.”