Take 5% off $25.00-$49.99, 10% off $50.00-$74.99, 15% off $75.00-$99.99 and 20% off $100.00 or more!* Monday, November 30th ONLY.
* $25.00/$50.00/$75.00/$100.00 minimum order is before shipping and/or taxes. Order must contain $25.00-$100.00 or more of product. Discount does not apply to trades. Discount will be automatically applied to your order once minimum amount has been reached. No coupon code required.
Sale is one day only – Monday, November 30th, 2009.
I always like to give a shout out to our customers who have created great custom figures. Brant Rhinehart (aka Buttmunch) has created a great Nurse Joker from The Dark Night movie.
In talking with Brant, he was kind enough to share his recipe to create the Nurse Joker. Here is Brant’s recipe.
The actual nurse outfit and some of the accessories come from an ebay seller. The set include the Nurse outfit, the white shoes, the detonator, file, and wig. It also comes with some other accessories including the “Henry” Dent sticker, some TrueType hands, black socks, and a generic silencer. Here is a link to their auctions:
In my custom, I added some parts that were not included with the set. These included Harvey Dent’s pistol, Joker colored socks, a stand, and the Joker’s silenced pistol. The Joker’s pistol is very unique with the extended clip and silver top (the Nurse set just included a generic black and green pistol, at that just wasn’t cutting it). I added the silencer from the Sideshow Collectibles Snake Eyes’ pistol. The silencer obviously wasn’t designed for the Joker’s pistol so it had to be glued in place.
While I’m not the best customizer out there, I was capable of bashing this figure together. It gets more notice than any of the official Joker figures because everyone remembers just how shocking and hilarious the Nurse scene was. And since it is the only Joker outfit Hot Toys isn’t making, there is no other choice but make your own. It is simple and requires no painting or other skills. Just parts.
– Nurse Outfit + wig set from ebay (outfit, wig, detonator, shoes, file, mask, etc.)
– Slicked back hair Joker head from the Bank Robber Joker (the wig is designed for this head)
– Truetype body (any coloring should work)
– Joker stand
– Joker socks (the set comes with black, but he actually did wear the funky socks in that scene)
– Harvey Dent’s pistol (optional, but since the Joker gave it to Two-face its a nice addition)
– Bank Robber Joker’s pistol
– silencer (any should do, but mine came from Sideshow’s Snake Eyes)